Edwin Sesipi – Runner
Edwin’s aptitude for running was spotted in school by his coach, who quickly advised Edwin to consider switching from the 100m sprints to long distance.
Edwin’s winning ways on the trail have him on course to win represent South Africa at the World Trail Champions in 2021. His training for this short-term goal includes his favourite session of a 15km tempo run or a hilly 30km run that includes a lot of steep sections. Edwin uses Marathon, CarboFuel and Classic Energy Gels to replace all energy consumed.
Fellow South African, Stephen Mokoka is Edwin’s inspiration – and he too has aspirations of running a sub 2 hour, 12 minute marathon.
- Former South African 10 000m Junior Champion
- Sliver medal South African 10km Junior Champion
- Sliver medal in 21.1km as Junior
- Represented South Africa in the World Cross Country Championship and World Championship
- Cape Town Peace Trail Run long course Winner
- African X Trail Run Winner
- Mandela 15km Trail Run Winner
- Winter and Summer Trail Series Winner
You can connect with Edwin on:
Strava: Edwin Sesipi